The Fire/EMS Commission is looking to hire a new secretary. Please see info below.
Brooklyn Fire & EMS Protection District Inc.
401 W. Main St.
Brooklyn, WI. 53521
Position: District Secretary/Treasurer (D S/T)
The DS/T has overall authority and responsibility for operations of the office and some administrative functions. S/he provides clerical and accounting support to the Board and the Fire Chief and EMS Director. S/he is often the day-to-day public face and voice of the District.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Be a champion for the mission, values and vision of the District
· Help maintain a culture of safety
· Maintain office equipment, machines, systems and space
· Maintain processes and systems for records storage, retrieval, purging and data entry
· Maintain relations with vendors, suppliers and business partners
· Maintain a culture of teamwork, excellence and doing things right on time, the first time
· Assist and support the process for hiring staff, process payroll and all tax filings.
· Participate in the development of, and once approved, administer budgets within scope of authority, responsible for all State and Federal Financial Reporting, prepare and co-sign checks, prepare invoices
· Manage office supplies inventory
· Foster and maintain open communications with all stakeholders
· Prepare meeting notices and minutes
· Participate in meetings
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned
· Strong analytical, computational, reasoning and problem-solving skills
· Effective oral (in-person and phone) and written communication skills
· Willing and able to take responsibility and be held accountable
· Willing and able to embrace and act based on the mission, vision and values of the District
· Skilled in the use of computer hardware and peripherals, Sage Peachtree, QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) and Microsoft Office Professional software, (Word, Excel & Outlook) internet search capabilities
· Detail/accuracy-oriented, willing and able to multi-task
· Team player
· Willing and able to take direction from several people, prioritize work
· Able to consistently produce assigned work on time
· Willing and able to work with limited direct supervision
Minimum 3 years accounting/bookkeeping experience including payroll.
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background test
Available for evening meetings for note taking/recording.
Moderate experience-skill with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Sage Peachtree Accounting
Salaried, exempt under FLSA, 2019 Budget Salary is up to $9,000
Estimated 30 – 50 hours per month. (Estimated hours vary based on then-current work demands.)
MAIL RESUME TO:
Joanne Van Norman
401 W. Main St.
P. O. Box 250
Brooklyn, WI 53521-0250
EMAIL RESUME TO:
* * * RESUMES MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOVEMBER 15, 2018 * * *