Welcome to the Village of Brooklyn
Located in both Dane and Green Counties Wisconsin, the Village is conveniently located half way between Madison and Janesville off Highway 14. Our neighborly small-town (population 1413) has excellent amenities: a great school system; three Village parks; and a community center, which makes Brooklyn a great place to live!
- Just blew a .08 or above? Then you just blew $10k. That’s the average cost of an OWI considering fines, court costs, attorney fees, higher insurance rates, etc. The Brooklyn Police Department is joining law enforcement agencies across Wisconsin looking for impaired drivers. Please - Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.
- Whether it’s caused by alcohol or legal or illegal drugs, impaired drivers endanger everyone. To make roadways safer for all travelers, law enforcement agencies across Wisconsin are watching for impaired drivers as part of the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” holiday campaign beginning December 13th through New Year’s Day.
- The “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” holiday campaign continues through New Year’s Day. While law enforcement does its part, citizens must step up as well. Drive responsibly and don’t allow someone else to get behind the wheel impaired. Always protect yourself and your passengers by buckling up and being alert.
- Every party begins with a good plan. Consider downloading the free "Drive Sober" mobile app. Along with a designated driver selector, it includes a find-a-ride feature that uses a smart phone’s GPS system to locate alternative transportation.
- Did You Know: 160 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes in Wisconsin last year.
- Did You Know: to deter impaired driving, Wisconsin has 23 OWI law enforcement task forces that work throughout the year across the state.
Chief Wade Engelhart
Brooklyn Police Department
NEW WINTER PARKING ORDINANCE
Section 32-87: Chapter 32, Traffic and Vehicles; Article III, Parking, Standing, and Stopping; Section 32-87, Winter Parking; of the Code of the Village of Brooklyn Code is hereby repealed and recreated to read as follows:
Sec. 32-87 Winter parking.
(a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) of this section, after an ice event or snowfall of at least one inch, no on-street parking will be allowed on any street in the village between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. from December 1 through March 31. If snow removal is necessary between 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m., the police department will require vehicles parked thereon to be moved as needed.
(b) After an ice event or snowfall of at least one inch, no on-street parking will be allowed on Hotel Street between Commercial Street (Hwy. 92) and North Rutland Avenue (Hwy. MM) between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. from December 1 through March 31. If snow removal is necessary from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m., the police department will require vehicles parked thereon to be moved as needed.
(c) Section 32-82 is adopted by reference.
(d) Any vehicle parked in violation of subsection (a) or (b) of this section be may be ticketed $30 and/or towed.
ADRC - AGING AND DISABILITY RESOURCES
This information has been moved and can be found under the Community - Links Tab at the top of the this page.
Dane County Library Service Bookmobile
The Dane County Bookmobile invites children of all ages to check us out on
Thursdays, 6:30-8:00 in
Brooklyn, at the gazebo
For more information, call the Bookmobile office at 266-9297.
AVAILABLE AT CLERK'S OFFICE OR CLICK ON LINK ABOVE