Economic Development Committee
Located on the boarder of Dane and Green counties, one mile off Highway 14, Brooklyn is between Madison (17 miles) and Janesville (23 miles), providing residents with the opportunity to enjoy the shopping, employment and culture of both cities as well as the surrounding southern Wisconsin communities. Our neighborly village has excellent amenities: a strong school system; a Village community center for social, meetings and gym use; large developed Village parks and a small town atmosphere that makes urban and rural minded people feel at home.
The Economic Development Committee is interested in partnering with prospective commercial companies who wish to explore available sites in the Village of Brooklyn or development of our Brooklyn Business Complex.
Some of the advantages of Brooklyn are:
- Location: Use State Highways 14 and 92 to reach I-90/94 within 30 minutes and then on to Milwaukee and Chicago markets in 2 hours or less
- Average Daily Traffic Counts: 6,500-7,500 vehicles per day
- Natural Resources: Wastewater treatment plant, built in 2009, has 200,000 gallons/day capacity and can be further expanded
- Water Capacity: Mapping and capacity study completed in 2011 with an excess capacity
- Space: Either existing commercial space or new commercial development and agricultural land options are available
- Educated Hard Working Human Resources: According to the 2010 census, the Village of Brooklyn had the highest population growth in Dane county with an increase in young professionals from Madison or Janesville.
- Government Partner: The Village of Brooklyn is dedicated to local economic and commercial development by employing the following tools:
- Two Tax Increment Finance Districts (TID)
- Village zoning and land use ordinances updated in 2012
- 2011 community survey data containing resident’s purchasing preferences and support for community development
- Support of local businesses through retention and recruitment events
- Village of Brooklyn Community Profile provides additional details about this growing community .
The Economic Development Committee wants to help existing and new businesses by providing resources.
|Contact us through the Village Clerk’s office 608-455-201
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com